March 22, 2020
Chilean government decrees new measures to deal with Phase 4 of the Coronavirus
Health Minister Jaime Mañalich announced the following health measures decreed by President Sebastián Piñera to address the spread of the Coronavirus in the country:
- Quarantine in the town of Puerto Williams: the entry and exit of any person is prohibited, except for those carrying essential cargo, which will be subject to strict sanitary customs.
- Sanitary Customs in the sea and air crossing of the Estrecho de Magallanes, with limited authorization of displacement.
- Tightening up of the health customs at the entrance to the Chiloé archipelago, with authorised exceptions in order to maintain the supply to the area. Sanitary cordon around the city of Chillán.
- Prohibition of transit to second homes, especially to those locations that concentrate high density. Compulsory return of people who have moved into these homes, with a deadline of Tuesday 24th at 22:00 hrs. Sanitary customs between regions to control the spread of the virus.
- Curfew from today in all the national territory ,from 22:00 to 05:00 to decrease the social contacts.
- The use of rapid testing will be available within a week to test people who, having no symptoms, may be carriers of the virus.
- Positive cases who do not comply with the quarantine or show limitations to comply with them at home, may be admitted to appropriate facilities that will be available from Monday March 23.
- Police control, supported by the Armed Forces, in the communes of Providencia, Las Condes and Vitacura, to monitor the movement of people who may be in quarantine.
- Gobierno de Chile decreta nuevas medidas sanitarias, entre las que se encuentran toque de queda nacional y controles más estrictos de desplazamiento: https://www.gob.cl/noticias/gobierno-de-chile-decreta-nuevas-medidas-sanitarias-entre-las-que-se-cuentan-toque-de-queda-nacional-y-controles-mas-estrictos-de-desplazamiento/