March 21, 2020
Finally! You now can extend your Tourist Visa online even if you are not staying within the Metropolitan Region
The processes available online to extend a Tourist Visa in Chile, once reserved only for those staying within the Metropolitan Region, are now available for the rest of Chile.
Ampliación de Turismo
- Any foreigner whose stay in the country has been exceptionally limited by the border control authority to less than 90 days may apply for an extension of his or her stay.
- This process has no cost (free).
- If you are in this case (Ampliación de Turismo) you need to apply for the extension through tramites.extranjeria.gob.cl
Prórroga de Turismo
- Any foreigner who wishes to extend his / her stay in Chile for another 90 days, counting from the expiration date of the first tourist visa, may request an extension called “Prórroga de Turismo” and stay in Chile for up to 180 days in total (90+90).
- This process has a cost involved, of US$100, equivalent in chilean pesos, regardless of nationality.
- If you are in this case (Prórroga de Turismo) you need to apply for the extension through tramites.extranjeria.gob.cl
- Trámites en Línea de Extranjería: https://tramites.extranjeria.gob.cl/